Through the use of different shapes, colors, and markings, KemKey™ couplings, when used with an acceptable safety process, will make the chance of chemical cross-contamination during transfers virtually impossible.
KemKey™ fittings are made of polypropylene or PVDF (Kynar) with 30% fiberglass. When customers are verifying chemical compatibility please refer to polypropylene or PVDF compatibility. The current available sizes are 1” and 2” NPT female thread fittings.
KemKey™ couplings are shaped and colored so that each class of hazardous chemicals has its own shape/color.
- Acids – hexagon / orange or red
- Bases – square / blue
- Reducing agents – heptagon (7 sides) / green
- Oxidizers – pentagon / yellow
- Poisons (biocides, herbicides, pesticides, etc.)– nonagons (9 sided); / purple
- Non-hazardous – oval / teal