Our Sustainability Program allows you to safely, cost-effectively, and legally dispose of your end-of-life chemical tanks and IBCs that are currently taking up valuable space while ensuring they don't end up in a landfill.
About the Sherman Sustainability Program
Sherman Roto Tank, LLC Sustainability Program provides an IBC and Tank collection service to its customers as an accommodation without warranty or guarantee as to its completeness. The User is responsible for adherence to all requirements of EPA and DOT regulations as outlined below. Only RCRA empty tanks and IBCs will be accepted for reprocessing or recycling.
Certificate of Destruction
For any of the plastic we take in, we can provide a certificate of destruction. This certificate of destruction does not outline what the plastic will become, but it ensures the plastic will not be landfilled.
In a broad scope, we prefer HDPE, LDPE, PP, PS. We WILL NOT take ABS, PVC, or any thermoset plastics (including Cross Linked HDPE). Specific to this plastic source we DO NOT require containers to be triple rinsed, unless required by 40 CFR 261.7.
- We require that they be dry and free of residue
- We WILL NOT take ABS, PVC, or any thermoset plastics (including Cross Linked HDPE)
- No Packing Group I chemicals, Organic peroxides, explosives, radioactive, infectious substance, poison by inhalation, or other chemicals deemed by SRT or the reprocessors and recyclers as hazardous, noxious, or irritating will be allowed.
- Any SDS that can be provided is appreciated but not a requirement.
- We accept tanks and containments whole and DO NOT require them to be cut up.
Acceptable Tank Examples
The following are examples of tanks are are acceptable per the program requirements.
Unacceptable Tank Examples
The following are examples of tanks are are NOT acceptable per the program requirements.
To get started, download the Tank Collection Form.